Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Beneath the Waters (I Will Rise)

Written by Brooke Fraser and Scott Ligertwood
© 2012 Hillsong Church

Original key of this song is in the D major (D, F#m, A, E) but the E chord is not so easy to play on the uke. I've written the C major chords in the brackets if you'd like something easier (and lower) to play. 

Playing patterns are straightforward, more or less consistent in each section:
Verses - A + F#m (or G + Em) in each line
Chorus - D + A + E + F#m (or C + G + D + Em) in each line
Bridge - D + A (or C + G) in 1st line, E + F#m (or D + Em) in 2nd line, or just chorus broken up into 2 lines
Post-bridge / Pre-chorus - Played just like chorus


Verse 1
A                                    F#m
This is my revelation, Christ Jesus crucified
Salvation through repentance, at the cross on which He died

Verse 2
Now here my absolution, forgiveness for my sin
I sink beneath the waters that Christ was buried in

Chorus
        D             A         E                             F#m
I will rise, I will rise, as Christ was raised to life
             D                A        E
Now in Him, now in Him, I live

Verse 3
I stand a new creation, baptized in blood and fire
No fear of condemnation, by faith I'm justified

Bridge
D                                      A
I rise as You are risen, declare Your rule and reign
E                                                    F#m
My life confess Your lordship, and glorify Your name
Your word it stands eternal, Your kingdom knows no end
Your praise goes on forever, and on and on again
No power can stand against You, no curse assault Your throne
No one can steal Your glory, for it is Yours alone
D                                               A
I stand to sing Your praises, I stand to testify
E
For I was dead in my sin

Post-bridge / Pre-chorus
           D             A         E                            F#m  
Now I rise, I will rise, as Christ was raised to life
             D                A        E
Now in Him, now in Him, I live

D Uke chord diagram A Uke chord diagram E Uke chord diagram (position # 2) Gbm Uke chord diagram


Live version of the song

Story behind the song, and some clues for strumming patterns starting from 4:00

No comments:

Post a Comment