Sunday, March 9, 2014

I Will Follow After You

Written by Pastor Benjamin Lim
© 2014 New Creation Church, Singapore

The original version of this song was written 12 years ago and only had the 1st verse. It has since been revised and the bridge is beautiful! This song follows closely to Psalm 63.

Verse 1
        C                                      G
I will follow after you as long as my soul lives
        Am                                Em
I will lift up my hands unto thy name O Lord
                         F                            C                          G
My mouth shall praise You because You have been my help
          C                                           G
In the shadow of Your wings will I rejoice my Lord
                   Am                                 Em
Your loving kindness overwhelms my soul O Lord
                F                      Am                   C
And I will bless You I will love You all my life

Verse 2
        C                                 G
I will meditate on You in the darkest nights
                 Am
Seek your face oh my Lord
          Em
In the morning light
                            F            C                   G 
My soul longs for You in a dry and thirsty land
             C                                G
In Your holy sanctuary will I behold Your face
                   Am                                      Em
Your loving right hand guides and covers all my ways
                F                         Am                 C
And I will love You for You love me all my life

Bridge
               Em         Am
So let me give You glory
              F     G            C
Pour my life upon Your feet
                Em          Am
For Your grace and mercy
                    F
Is more than enough
                 G
More than enough


The person who did this cover also has an alternative chord sheet in the D major key (mine is in the C major key) which you can find here. This is a great cover, but I'd suggest playing in a slightly faster rhythm to be more like the original. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Now I can praise Jesus with my five loaves and two fishes - the uke. (: Appreciate it! Not just me, but I'm sure many others who come and use these chords too. Keep doing what you do and drawing people into an even more anointed time of worship w these chords (: Jesus gon' bless you!

    ReplyDelete