Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Jesus Loves Me

Written by Chris Tomlin
© 2014 Love Ran Red Album

This anointed song is really simple. It's just C-Am-F-G throughout except for the bridge.

Verse 1
C               Am
I was lost, I was in chains
F                         G                  
The world had a hold of me
C                                  Am
My heart was a stone, I was covered in shame
F                        G 
When He came for me

Pre-chorus
C                                  Am
I couldn't run, couldn't run from His presence
F                                   G   
I couldn't run, couldn't run from His arms

Chorus
C              Am
Jesus, He loves me
F                    G
He loves me, He is for me
C                Am
Jesus, how can it be
F                    G
He loves me, He is for me

Verse 2
C                   Am
It was a fire, deep in my soul
F             G
I'll never be the same
C                                       Am
I stepped out of the dark, into the light
F              G          
When He called my name

Bridge
Am                                     F
He holds the stars, and He holds my heart
C                                     G
With healing hands that bear the scars
Am                                       F
The rugged cross where He died for me
C                            G
My only hope, my everything



No comments:

Post a Comment