Monday, March 17, 2014

I Stand Amazed

© 1905 Charles Hutchinson Gabriel

Verse 1
  D
I stand amazed in the presence
     A            G     D

Of Jesus the Nazarene
       G                             D     Bm

And wonder how He could love me
G                 A             D

A sinner condemned unclean

Chorus
D

How marvelous, how wonderful
A                           A7 

And my song shall ever be
D

How marvelous, how wonderful
Em    D           Asus4   D     

Is my Saviour's love for me

Verse 2
For me it was in the garden 
He prayed: "Not my will, but thine" 
He had no tears for his own griefs
But sweat-drops of blood for mine


Verse 3
He took my sins and my sorrows
He made them His very own
He bore the burden to Calvary
And suffered and died alone


Verse 4
When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see
Will be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me


Asus4 Uke chord diagram

A great cover (in a lower key than shown)! Notice his strumming patterns, very helpful for playing this song.
Chord source: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/c/chris_tomlin/i_stand_amazed_ukulele_crd.htm
Lyric source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emZAqyO5kBY

No comments:

Post a Comment